About Sikkim Manipal University
Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) came into existence on November 15th, 1992 as a result of the agreement signed between the Government of Sikkim and the Manipal Pai Foundation, to impart exemplary education and health care services in the state of Sikkim and countrywide. The university has various constituent colleges such as Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT), Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS), Sikkim Manipal College of Nursing (SMCON), Sikkim Manipal College Physiotherapy (SMCPT), Faculty of Humanities, Social sciences and Liberal Arts, Medical Biotechnology, Department of Hospital Administration and Management Studies.
The vision of the university is to create global leadership in human development, excellence in education and healthcare. This vision entails a commitment to fostering the growth and advancement of individuals on a global scale, while also striving for excellence in the fields of education and healthcare
- - SMU COLLOQUIUM 2023 - 30th September 2023
- - Venue: Multi-purpose Hall, F-Block, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology
Submission Guidelines(Recently added)
- Submitted papers will be subjected to stringent peer review and carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition.
- Authors have the option to choose their preferred modes of presentation (Poster/Paper), however the scientific program committee will make the final decision after review.
- Acceptance of the abstracts shall be communicated via email on 20th August 2023 after which you can register for the conclave.
- Accepted abstracts/posters will have to be presented on the conclave date by the authors.
- Each paper presentation lasts roughly 10 minutes with 8 minutes for the presentation of the paper and 2 minutes for Q&A.
- It is recommended that you hand-carry your poster to the conclave, using tubular packaging or a portfolio case.
- Refer to your acceptance letter and/or the final conclave program for the time and location of your poster session and set-up time.
- The designated poster presenter (author or co-author) must be present at the assigned space during the designated time to discuss the work presented.
Presentation Guidelines(Recently added)
Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Font Style: Times New Roman
- Font Size: Minimum size of 24 should be maintained throughout the PPT.
- Colors: Please be considerate while choosing colors in the PPT, restrict it to only 2-3 colors. Please choose background colors that contrast well with the font to allow for easy reading of the content.
- Title Slide: Should include Abstract ID, Title of the research, Names of all the authors, and affiliation of the presenting author.
- Footer (Bottom part of each slide): Should contain the following. SMU-2023, Sikkim Manipal University
- Subheadings: Introduction, Aim/Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusion, and References
- Duration of the presentation: Presenting author should complete the oral presentation within 8 minutes and an extra 2 minutes will be allowed for questions and answers. If your presentation exceeds the time limit, the session moderator will request you to end the session immediately.
- File name: Please use the Abstract ID to name your PPT file.
- Please use caution when choosing colors and pick backgrounds that contrast well with the font to make the content of the poster easy to read.
- The number of slides should not exceed 15.
- Submission: To ensure the smooth functioning of the presentation process, kindly e-mail the PPT to email@example.com on or before 29th September 2023, 10:00 AM
About the Colloquium
The Student Research Forum (SMU-SRF) of Sikkim Manipal University, is dedicated to fostering research interest among students and providing a platform for them to engage in research activities. This forum is organizing a colloquium on 30th September 2023 at Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT), open to undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. students in the fields of Engineering, Technology, Medical & Allied Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences & Liberal Arts and Hospital Administration. The colloquium aims to create an intellectually stimulating environment where students can learn from established researchers, present their research findings, receive feedback, and network with fellow researchers & scholars. It offers participants an opportunity to showcase their work, exchange ideas, and gain valuable insights from experts in their respective fields. The main objective of the colloquium is to provide a platform for bringing together students and researchers from various disciplines, focusing on the latest technological advancements in Engineering, Technology, Medical & Allied Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences & Liberal Arts, Hospital Administration and Management Studies. The colloquium welcome participants to present their findings either in the form of a research paper or a poster presentation. Overall, the colloquium organized by the Student Research Forum of Sikkim Manipal University provides an exciting opportunity for students to immerse themselves in the world of research, engage with peers, experts, and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in their respective fields. It is a platform to celebrate, and recognize the advancements and contributions made by students & researchers, fostering collaboration and collective growth of knowledge.
This colloquium will encompass student research in a wide range of disciplines, emphasizing the importance of multidisciplinary collaboration. It will provide a platform for students to present their research findings and innovative ideas in diverse fields including engineering, technology, medicine, humanities, social sciences, liberal arts, hospital administration, medical biotechnology and paramedical.
We aim to provide the delegates with a unique platform to exhibit their work, interact and learn from one another. The best entries in each category will be selected either to present their paper at the podium or as a poster which will be intimated in the acceptance letter. The best poster and paper presentation will be awarded.
Best Paper Award
The best paper or poster award in each category will be announced at the end of the colloquium, cash prize and certificate will be issued to the author. Certificates will be given to the authors who present their papers in the colloquium.